Gain Disguised as Loss
Parting Aphorisms and Smartass Sayings
- Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly
- Salvation is a gift requiring response
- The Christian life is like driving a car on ice. The automatic non-thinking reaction is not the thing to do.
- Dissecting a frog is instructive but aft wards it will not hop!
- In matters of faith and nutrition, you are what you eat.
- Ministry is like being pecked to death by a flock of small ducks
- Every expression of Christianity has an inner inarticulate essence and a cultural manifestation. – Rev Stephen Parsons
- Don’t collect so much clutter that you will be relieved to see your house catch fire. – Wendell Berry
- If you want a huge funeral die young and tragically. If you live to old and it rains there will be nobody there.